From The ReUse Institute
A Division of The ReUse People of America
TRI offers Basic Deconstruction Training, Crew Chief Training, Contractor Training and Training for Trainers. Programs vary in length, combine classroom sessions with on-the-job training and are accompanied by professionally-developed printed materials. All courses teach TRP best practices developed through the deconstruction of hundreds of buildings beginning in 1993.
TRI delivers deconstruction training in partnership with foundations, cities, counties, community colleges and nonprofit organizations wishing to impart marketable skills to unemployed and underemployed workers, urban youth, ex-offenders and other populations. Deconstruction training serves as an entrée to virtually every trade within the larger construction industry. With the skills they acquire in TRI deconstruction training, many students go on to become construction foremen, carpenters, electricians, painters and plumbers, and many find sustainable employment in the burgeoning green-building movement.
Why Choose Deconstruction Training?
- Deconstruction coupled with building-materials salvage delivers the fastest return-on-investment of any green-building practice.
- Deconstruction training renders demolition crews competitive in the green-building environment.
- Deconstruction training prepares unemployed populations for promising careers in the construction trades.
- Contractor training teaches green-building practices essential in today’s marketplace, conferring competitive advantage over straight demolition.
- Deconstruction training helps ensure that vast quantities of reusable building materials don’t end up in landfills.
Why Choose TRI?
- TRI is a division of The ReUse People of America (TRP), a pioneer in the deconstruction industry.
- TRI delivers the most comprehensive deconstruction training available.
- TRI training is automatically linked to ongoing TRP services in your geographical area, including retail-warehouses and TRP-certified deconstruction contractors, thus ensuring the creation of permanent jobs and sustainable economic development.
- TRI reaches out to local media to generate interest in deconstruction. Media contacts are aimed at further expanding employment opportunities for graduates.